Rick Kress, President & CEO of Kress Consulting (formerly Gift Planning Associates), launched the firm in 2002.
He served as:
President, Providence Health Foundation, and Vice President of Development & Volunteer Services, Providence Hospital and Medical Centers, Southfield/Novi – a Top 100 Hospital and Top 15 Major Teaching Hospital
Vice President of Development & Public/Church Relations, Lutheran Social Services of Michigan, Detroit – Crain’s Detroit Business’s Best Managed Nonprofit Award winner
Vice President of Development, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak/Troy– a Top 100 Hospital and Top 15 Major Teaching Hospital; and
President, Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), Greater Detroit Chapter.
· Rick serves as counsel to nonprofit organizations, with deep experience in major and planned gifts, capital campaigns, feasibility studies, case statements, executive management, strategic planning, training, governance, and board development.
· Rick Kress is one of 100 people in the world with the Advanced Certified Fundraising Executive (ACFRE), conferred by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), the largest international association of philanthropy professionals.
· He was ordained as clergy in the Church of God (Anderson, Indiana) in 1981, and continues in that role as a bi-vocational ecumenical minister.
· Rick has spoken to hundreds of international, national, regional, and local organizations. He has served as chairman of three nonprofit Boards. Rick currently resides in Shelby Township, Michigan.
He has longtime affiliations with:
· Association of Researchers in Advancement (APRA)
· Association of Fundraising Executives (AFP)
· Association of Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP)
· Black United Fund (BUF)
· Church of God (Anderson, Indiana)
· Michigan Nonprofit Association (MNA)
· National Council of Jewish Women (NCJW)
· National Association for Charitable Gift Planners (CGP)
· Planned Giving Roundtable of Southeastern Michigan (PGRTSEM)
Invest just one day and get a year’s worth of the insight and advice you need to create your plan for success. You’ll hear from many top national and regional and local experts
May is LEAVE A LEGACY Month
Official proclamations from the Governor's office were discontinued in 2020 due to COVID. However, we proceeded with May as our LEAVE A LEGACY month. The 2020 radio campaign ran for 6 weekends (beginning May 1st) on WWJ (AM 950) and WJR (AM 760).
Development Day will be held virtually on June 2, 2021.